- E-Waste Policy
Under the guidelines of the Central Government of India, E-Waste (Management and Handling) Rules 2011 have been notified. Company stands committed to implement E-Waste Rules. E-waste has been defined as:
"Waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part or rejects from their manufacturing and repair process, which are intended to be discarded".
Whereas, Electrical and electronic equipment has been defined as:
"Equipment which is dependent on electrical currents or electro-magnetic fields to be fully functional".
In general terms e-waste is any end of life electronic product which is scrap and can not be used in any manner e.g air conditioners, refrigerator, batteries, television, mobiles, chargers, ear-phone etc.
Managing of e-waste is most important because it consists of harmful substances which can bring adverse effects to the environment as well as human life. By scientific disposal of e-waste we can save our environment and also prevent its potential negative consequences on human health.
There is a need to encourage recycling of all useful and valuable material from e-waste so as to conserve the ever depleting natural resources. Recycling end-of-life products is vital if we are to save resources and minimize waste. In this regard we have tied-up with an authorized e-Waste recycler Attero Recycling Pvt. Ltd in order to facilitate our customers to help them to dispose off their electronic products after its end-of-life.
Various activities initiated to promote E-Waste recycling activities in the following areas by Kenstar:
- Manufacturing facilities: Control, storage and disposal of E-Waste through authorized recyclers.
- Suppliers: Recycling and disposal through authorized recyclers.
- End Customers: As per guidelines below.
- Toxic materials present in the e-waste mixes with earth, air, water etc and causes major health damages.
- Toxin Oil & Gases which are present is some of e-waste like compressor and CRT causes serious environment pollution.
- Batteries contains highly hazardous element and causes damage to the environment if not disposed off properly.
- Burning of rubber & Plastic in open area causes air pollution.
- Any disposal through unauthorized agencies/person will attract action under Environment (Protection) Act 1986, which provides for imprisonment upto 5 years or with fine upto Rs. 1 Lac or both.
- Adverse impact on human beings, animals, and other living beings on the planets
- Wastage of natural resources.
- All electrical and electronic products should be handed over only to the Authorized recycler for recycling.
- The e-waste products should be handed over only to authorized recycler for disposal.
- Keep the e-waste in isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/un-repairable so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
- Please call on toll free number 1800 4193283 for collection of e-waste.
- You can also deposit your e-waste directly at our collection centres. For information of collection centres please click here.
- The electronic product should not be opened by the User himself/herself, but only by authorized service personnel.
- The product is not meant for re-sale any unauthorized agencies/scrap dealer/kabariwalaas.
- The product is not meant for mixing into household waste stream.
- Do not keep any replaced spare part(s) from the product in exposed area
- This initiative is the step towards a cleaner and greener earth. This move is one of the ways to show that we are concerned and thus we request all our customers to join this movement to make it successful by way of contributing their end-of-life product.
- For more information about e-waste please visit at www.attero.in
- For any assistance/guidance for disposal of e-waste please call on toll free number 1800 4193283.
- Products offered for recycling are not eligible for exchange offers.
- The service is available as per conditions applicable in the respective area by recyclers.
- Company reserves the right to change the terms of the recycling scheme at any time.
- This scheme is applicable only for company branded products.