KLPL collects the Personal Data through our Products. We collect the information necessary for the purpose of successfully running the mobile application.
What Personal Data do We Collect?
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide necessary Personal Data that is required to provide those services. If you do not provide your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
1. Information You Voluntarily Provide Us
• Account or Profile Data: When you register an account with us, we may collect your name and contact details, such as your email address, phone number and user name. During your interaction with our Products, we may further collect your nickname, profile picture, country code, language preference or time zone information into your account.
• Feedback: When using feedback and suggestion features in our Products, we will collect your email address, mobile phone number and your feedback content to address your problems and solve device failures on a timely basis.
2. Information We Collect Automatically
• Device Information: When you interact with our Product, we automatically collect device information, such as the IP address of your devices, wireless connection information, operating system type and version, application version number, push notification identifier, log files, and mobile network information.
• Usage Data: During your interaction with our Sites and Services, we automatically collect usage data relating to visits, clicks, downloads, messages sent/received, and other usage of our Sites and Services.
• Log Information: When you use our app, the system and exception log may be uploaded.
• Location Information: We may collect information about your real-time precise or non-precise geo-location when you use our specific Products or Services, such as robot cleaner and weather service.
3. Smart Devices Related Information:
• Basic Information of Smart Devices: When you connect your Smart Devices with our Products or Services, we may collect basic information about your Smart Devices such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version, and upgrade information.
• Information Reported by Smart Devices: Depending on the different Smart Devices you elect to connect with our Products or Services, we may collect different information reported by your Smart Devices. For example, smart weights or fitness trackers may report your height, weight, body fat mass (BFM), BMI and skeletal muscle mass (SMM); smart cameras may report images or videos captured by it.
Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
The purpose for which we may process information about you are as follows:
• Marketing Communication: We may process your Personal Data to provide marketing and promotional materials to you on our Products and Services. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to opt-out of receiving future communications of that nature. The legal basis for this processing is your consent. Additionally, if you consent to participate in our lottery, contest or other promotions, we may use your Personal Data to manage such activities.
• Personalization: We may process your account and profile data, usage data, device information to personalize product design and to provide you with services tailored for you, such as recommending and displaying information and advertisements regarding products suited to you, and to invite you to participate in surveys relating to your use of our Products. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
• Legal Compliance: We may process your Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
If there is any change in the purposes for processing your personal data, we will inform such change to you via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of such changes of purposes, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
Who do We Share Personal Data with?
At KLPL we only share Personal Data in ways that we tell you about. We may share your Personal Data with the following recipients:
• To our third-party service providers who perform certain business-related functions for us, such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer support service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services to us.
• To our customers and other business partners who provide you, directly or indirectly, with your Smart Devices, and/or networks and systems through which you access and use our Sites and Services.
• To an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your Personal Data, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
• As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
• Except for the third parties described above, to third parties only with your consent.
4. International Transfer of Information Collected:
• To facilitate our operation, we may transfer, store and process your Personal Data in jurisdictions other than where you live. Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your country of residence. When we do so, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is provided for the information.
• For any assistance or query for the mobile application you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You do not have to pay a fee for executing your personal rights. If you decide to email us, in your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data deleted from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request, for security purposes.
5. Deletion of the Account:
You can find the Delete function through “Me > Personal Center (Potrait) > Account and Security > Delete Account” (“Deactivate Account” for the App version under 3.16.5).
6. Sensitive Personal Information:
KLPL shall never ask you any sensitive personal data or information and you must never provide any sensitive personal data or information to KLPL or its representatives. Any such disclosure shall be at your own risk and without any liability to KLPL (including its directors, employees). You must not disclose your:
• Bank account details, credit/debit card details, pin number, passwords etc.
• Biometric information
• Such other sensitive data
By default, your web browser will accept cookies, however this can be altered by you. You have the option of enabling or disabling cookies in your web browser. if you do not want us to install cookies, you may change the settings on your web browser to disable cookies. However, please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of the service.
The Service and/or third parties may use "Cookies", "Web Beacons", and other similar tracking technologies (collectively, "Tracking Technologies") to collect information automatically as you browse the Service and the internet. For the purposes of this clause below terms have the meanings as set out below:
"Cookies" (which may be html files, flash files or other technology) are text files that help store user preferences and activity.
"Web beacons" (also known as image tags, gif or web bugs) are small codes used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses.
We use Tracking Technologies to help improve our services, and internet usage, offerings or advertisements on this Service, save your password in password-protected areas, deliver relevant advertising, maintain and administer the Service, etc.
You acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that You are giving us Your consent to track Your activities and Your use of the Service through these Tracking Technologies.
The Third Party Advertising Service Providers, as well as advertisers, may themselves set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your device if you choose to have Tracking Technologies enabled in your browser (or, for flash cookies, if you have not removed them) and/or they may otherwise have access to information about You.
8. Security Measures
We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data. We provides various security strategies to effectively ensure data security of user and device. As for device access, KLPL’s proprietary algorithms are employed to ensure data isolation, access authentication, applying for authorization. As for data communication, communication using security algorithms and transmission encryption protocols and commercial level information encryption transmission based on dynamic keys are supported. As for data processing, strict data filtering and validation are applied. As for data storage, all confidential information of users will be safely encrypted for storage. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you could immediately notify us of the problem by emailing us at email@example.com.
10. Dispute Resolution
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, the Courts at New Delhi, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction.