Out of all the kitchen appliances available, the mixer grinder is the most convenient for preparing masalas, juices, and chutneys. This versatile appliance is useful for chopping solid foods into a fine paste, whipping liquids and even binding dough together. By far, the most common use of a juicer mixer grinder in every Indian household is to make homemade masalas.
Masalas are made by grinding together different spices into a powder. They flavour curries, rice and are even used as marinades. So let’s take a look at how you can make these homemade masala recipes.
This popular North Indian spice-mix includes a blend of different roasted spices that can be used to flavour curries, snacks and vegetables. Pungent and aromatic, this homemade garam masala recipe is sure to enhance all your Indian dishes.
- Heat a pan and make sure there’s no moisture on the surface.
- Add all the ingredients one by one except for the ginger powder. On a medium flame, keep roasting all these spices for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the roasted spices to your juicer mixer grinder and blend into a fine powder.
- Empty the spice-mix into a bowl, add the ginger powder and mix well.
- Sieve the masala to get rid of lumps.
- Store your homemade garam masala in an air-tight container and you have the perfect spice-blend ready to use!
Biryani is a festive dish of rice, veggies and meat. However, an authentic biryani is incomplete without the savoury masala. This homemade biryani masala is all you need for the perfect dish.
- Dry-roast all the spices on a non-stick pan, except for the turmeric and nutmeg powder.
- Transfer the roasted spices into a bowl and mix in the turmeric and nutmeg powder.
- Add the spices to a mixer and blend into a fine powder.
- Store your homemade biryani masala in an air-tight container.
This spice mix is used to make the delicious South Indian delicacy – Sambhar. It is a tasty broth that is eaten with snacks like idlis’ and vadas. It can also be savoured on its own. Learn how to make this homemade sambhar masala with your juicer mixer grinder.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and roast all spices till they turn light brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Blend spices in a mixer.
- Transfer the mix into an air-tight container. Your homemade sambhar masala is ready!
With a few nifty kitchen appliances, you can make all these homemade masala recipes and more. Try making yummy treats with homemade masala for your loved ones and don’t forget to explore our modern range of mixer grinders, especially if you’re planning to buy a new mixer grinder.
BENEFITS OF BUYING A KENSTAR MIXER GRINDER
When you choose from our range of electric mixers and hand mixer grinders, be assured of world-class quality, multi-mode pan-India service support; unique ‘Online Service Request’ and ‘Additional Warranty at Zero Cost’. In short, you will enjoy complete peace of mind.
Every Kenstar mixer grinder comes with a minimum warranty of 2 years. Over and above this warranty period, you can avail ‘Additional Warranty of Two Months at Zero Cost’ by simply registering your Kenstar product online.
To get your additional 2-month warranty at zero cost:
Register your Kenstar product at www.kenstar.in/kenstar-warranty
Kenstar has a strong service support network across India to ensure prompt service and maintenance of your appliances.
350+ service centres across India