Water heaters are essential home appliances, especially in winters. Water heaters typically use an energy source to heat water. Depending on the type of power input used to heat the water up, water heaters can be either electric or gas-based.
One of the popular types of water heaters used in most homes is a gas water heater. A gas water heater uses a flame produced from natural gas to heat water. So, it needs an access point for drawing in new air to replace the air burnt up through the heating process.
What is a gas water heater?
A gas water heater is a type of water heater that runs on natural gas (LPG/PNG). These water heaters heat the water through ‘convection’ which is the transfer of heat through a fluid. Gas water heaters have a lower initial cost and operating cost, compared to instant ones. This gas water heater buying guide will give you the basic information about the heater, its operation, and the most effective tips for choosing one for your home.
How does it work?
The working of a typical gas water heater can be understood with this step-by-step walkthrough. On switching on a gas water heater,
- Cold water enters through the cold water inlet
- The water then travels down the dip tube where it enters the tank near the heat transfer surface
- The thermostat inside the tank controls the water temperature.
- The gas control valve releases gas to the burner, which is located beneath the water tank. A pilot light ignites the gas in the burner.
- The flame heats the heat transfer surface and begins to raise the temperature of the water, and the exhaust gas from the burner is vented through a pipe that rises up through the middle of the tank.
- The heated water rises to the top of the tank and leaves through the outlet.
- The heater always draws the hottest water first.
How to choose a gas water heater?
The important factors to consider in a gas water heater buying guide are:
Availability of fuel
Size of the unit
Get Kenstar gas water heater for your modern home
Kenstar Komfort gas water heater runs on a PNG/LPG system, and it provides a modern and small-sized unit for matching with your home decor. Your tap will never run short of hot water supply as the copper heat exchanger immediately works to heat the cold water coming into the unit. Also, the Kenstar gas water heater comes with Overheat Protection and Flame Failure protection for safeguarding your house and family.
BENEFITS OF BUYING KENSTAR HEATING SOLUTIONS
When you choose from our range of appliances for heating, be assured of world-class quality, multi-mode pan-India service support; unique ‘Online Service Request’ and ‘Additional Warranty at No Additional Cost’. In short, you will enjoy complete peace of mind.
Every Kenstar gas water heater comes with a product warranty of 2 years. Over and above these 2 years, you can avail ‘Additional Warranty of Two Months at No Additional Cost’ by simply registering your Kenstar product online
To get your additional 2-month warranty at zero cost:
Register your Kenstar product at www.kenstar.in/kenstar-warranty
Kenstar has a strong service support network across India to ensure prompt service and maintenance of your appliances.
350+ service centres across India