Using Microwave Oven
Amidst the hustle-bustle, decorations and fun that festivals bring with them, the joy of enjoying traditional sweets has a special place. Whether it’s the fresh aroma of its different flavours or the way it melts in your mouth, sweets are incomparable to taste and feel.
However, sweets can be tricky to prepare, requiring you to stand for hours in front of the flame to get its perfect taste and look.
Not anymore! With an ideal kitchen appliance like a microwave oven, you can make easy Indian dessert recipes in just a few minutes.
Here are recipes of some easy Indian sweets to make at home with the help of a microwave oven
One of the most quintessential Indian desserts people love is the Shahi tukda.
It’s simple to prepare yet royal enough to enrich
your festival party.
slice - 4
Chopped dry fruits ( almonds,
– 10-15 each
( optional) -1/2 tsp
A pinch of
- Toast both sides of the bread slices in a microwave oven for 2 minutes.
- Boil the milk in the microwave oven at maximum capacity for 10 minutes. Boil for 15 more minutes by reducing its capacity to 80% so that its consistency is thick.
- In this milk, add khoya, saffron, kewra essence, powdered sugar and cardamom and cook for 5 min.
- Now arrange the bread slices and pour the thick milk mixture on the top generously and let it cool.
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits.
- Refrigerate it for an hour and serve chilled.
Gajar ka halwa
Loved by young and old alike, Gajar ka halwa is the go-to winter festive sweet.
While no one can match the taste of grandma’s Gajar ka halwa, you can prepare
a version of it easily in a microwave oven.
- 1 and 1/5 cup
Full cream milk
- 1 and 1/5 cup
Ghee- 2 tbsp.
Sugar – 6 tbsp
1 handful of leafy parsley
Khoya - 4 tbsp
Parsley and lime on the side of the glass
- Take the grated carrot in a microwave oven-safe bowl and add full cream milk to it.
- Heat it for 5 mins, stir it and heat it for another 5 mins.
- Check whether the milk has been absorbed completely. If not, then cook it for a couple of mins more.
- Now add sugar and cook again for 2 mins.
- Then add ghee, stir it and cook it for 1 more min.
- Your Gajar ka halwa is ready. Transfer it into a serving dish and garnish with cardamom powder and some chopped dry fruits.
Milk cake is an easy Indian sweet to make at home, which gets ready in just 15 minutes.
It can be made in a jiffy and can be the perfect dessert after a festive meal.
– 500 ml
– 3 cup
Sugar -1 cup
Butter - 100 gms
- Put all the ingredients in a microwave oven safe bowl and cook for maximum heat for 5 min.
- Stir it properly and cook again for 2 0r 3 more minutes.
- Transfer it to the serving tray and cut it into pieces like barfi.
- Relish the creamy milk cake.
And there you have it! Easy festive sweet recipes using microwave ovens. Now make the most of the festivities with these easy-to-make sweet delicacies.
BENEFITS OF BUYING A KENSTAR MICROWAVE OVEN
When you buy a Kenstar microwave, be assured of world-class quality, multi-mode pan-India service support; unique ‘Online Service Request’ and ‘Additional Warranty at Zero Cost’. In short, you enjoy complete peace of mind.
Every Kenstar microwave comes with a 12-month warranty. Over and above these 12 months, you can avail ‘Additional Warranty of Two Months at Zero Cost’ by simply registering your Kenstar product online.
To get your additional 2-month warranty at zero cost:
Register your Kenstar product at www.kenstar.in/kenstar-warranty
Kenstar has a strong service support network across India to ensure prompt service and maintenance of your appliances.
350+ service centres across India