Love eating rice but think that making it can be a hassle sometimes? Your life is soon going to be hassle-free! And if you’re already in the habit of making rice regularly, then you can’t just ignore the advantages and convenience of a rice cooker. With a rice cooker you can measure the right amount of rice you want to cook, add some water or broth and you are all set for a delicious serving of freshly-cooked rice. But before we go into the advantages of using a rice cooker, let’s know a bit about its evolution.
Evolution of Rice Cookers
Rice is one of the most popular grains used worldwide. Originated and used extensively, rice is the staple diet in most Asian countries. The genesis of rice cooker was cooking rice in a heavy iron pot. It was not easy at first, but the post-war era saw experimentation with electricity, giving rise to versions similar to the modern-day cookers. In 1955, the first electric rice cooker was introduced in Japan. Rice cookers became popular after that, especially in Japan after the 1960s. In fact, the very first cookers with keep-warm function were an instant hit.
The evolution of rice cookers has given us a smarter and better version of it. And this has extremely simplified our life.
Advantages of Rice Cookers
A rice cooker simplifies cooking. It doesn’t matter what kind of rice you cook – it will always be cooked to perfection. Here are some of the pros of owning a rice cooker:
- Automatic cooking:
- With rice cookers, there’s no need for manual intervention while cooking rice. It stops automatically when it’s cooked so that the rice is neither overcooked nor under-cooked.
- Uniform Cooking:
- When you cook rice on a gas stove, even on low heat, there might be a layer of overcooked rice at the bottom. But with a rice cooker that doesn’t happen. You always get uniformly cooked rice.
- Not just for cooking rice:
- Rice cooker helps you cook cereals like oatmeal for breakfast. You can also steam vegetables or small servings of chicken and fish in it.
- Makes rice non-sticky:
- It solves the biggest concern every person who cooks rice has – making it non-sticky. Rice cookers cook rice in such a way that every grain will be separated from the others.
- Programmable settings:
- Rice cookers come with programmable settings that allow you to cook different types of grains and lentils too. Apart from being user-friendly, it also reduces your cooking time and effort.
- Multiple Options:
- Since rice cookers come in different shapes and sizes, you always have an option to choose one basis your requirements.
Kenstar Rice Cookers
Not only rice cookers cook rice perfectly but they’re also versatile appliances, which can cook any type of rice like brown rice, basmati rice or jasmine rice. Bring home the perfect solution to your rice cooking problem and have perfectly-cooked rice every day, without any hassles. Kenstar rice cooker not only delivers on functionality but also has an attractive and contemporary design. Check out the best electric rice cooker (1 litre) and its features.