3 Indian Desserts You Can Make In A Microwave
If you’ve been using a microwave simply to reheat food or beverages, then you’ve not been making use of your microwave at all! This life-saving electric appliance can cook meals from scratch, including a wide array of delicious desserts, in lesser time and with minimal cleaning hassles.
All you need is a microwave to whip up these 3 fabulous, festive Indian desserts:
1: KalakandPreparation Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 5 min Makes 18 pieces
- 3/4th cup finely crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
- 8 tbsp. milk powder
- 1 tsp. corn flour
- 1/4th cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp. elaichi (cardamom) powder
- 2 tbsp. almond slivers
- Mix crumbled paneer, milk powder, corn flour, sugar and fresh cream in a shallow microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave the dish on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Spread the mixture evenly using the back of a spoon and garnish with elaichi powder and almond slivers.
- After it cools completely, cut it into equal pieces and refrigerate for an hour
- Serve this creamy, crumbly dessert chilled.
2: Gajar (Carrot) HalwaPreparation Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 15 min Serves 2
- 1 & a 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 5 tbsp. milk
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. mava (khava)
- A pinch of elaichi (cardamom) powder
- Heat ghee in a microwave-safe dish on high for 15 seconds.
- Mix in the carrot and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Combine the milk, sugar and khava with the carrot.
- Microwave on high for 12 minutes, while stirring after every 2 minutes.
- Garnish with elaichi powder and serve the gajar halwa warm.
3: GolpapdiPreparation Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 4 min Makes 12 pieces
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tbsp. ghee
- 5 tbsp. grated jaggery
- 1/4 tsp. elaichi (cardamom) powder
- 1/4 tsp. poppy seeds (khus khus)
- Ghee for greasing
- Grease a serving tray with ghee and spread poppy seeds evenly over it. Keep it aside.
- Mix whole wheat flour and ghee in a deep microwave-safe bowl and heat it on high for 3 minutes & 30 seconds.
- Combine jaggery and elaichi powder with the wheat flour.
- While still warm, spread the mixture evenly on the serving tray.
- Cut into diamond shapes and let it cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container.
We hope you loved these new-age microwave recipes! Do check out our complete range of energy-efficient and ergonomic microwaves at Kenstar.