The most-awaited season is finally here! This Diwali, usher in the celebrations with family, fun festivities and, of course, food. Treat your loved ones to a home-made feast with these 3 simple, healthy and yummy snack recipes!
1. Cornflakes Chivda
- Corn flakes
- Cooking oil
- Mustard seeds
- Chopped green chillies
- Curry leaves
- Red chilli powder
- Turmeric powder
- Fennel seeds powder
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add mustard seeds. Wait till they crackle & pop.
- Add chopped green chillies and curry leaves. Fry them till they dry out completely.
- Mix in peanuts, cashews and dalia. Roast them till they are crisp and light-brown.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, fennel seeds powder and amchur powder along with salt and sugar.
- Mix well and immediately add the corn flakes. Stir gently to ensure all the flakes are coated in the masala.
- Once the preparation has cooled, store it in an air-tight container.
2. Chocolate Nankhatai
- Whole wheat flour
- Corn flour
- Baking powder
- Cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar
- Sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for at least 10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Whisk together the whole wheat flour, besan, corn flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Take another bowl. Mix in ghee (semi-solid state) and powdered sugar till it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the flour mixture to the ghee and mix well with a spatula.
- Use your hands to knead the nankhatai dough properly. Then divide the dough into equal portions and roll out balls.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet. You can garnish them with the sliced almonds if you like.
- Bake the nankhatai in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Once they have cooled down completely, store them in an air-tight container.
- Cardamom powder
- Whole wheat flour
- Cooking oil
- Add sugar and cardamom powder in warm milk. Stir well till all the sugar dissolves.
- Mix whole wheat flour, salt and 2 tablespoons of oil in a bowl.
- Stir in the milk slowly into the flour mixture.
- Keep kneading the flour with your hands till you get a firm, stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Flatten one portion with a rolling pin till you get a 9-inch circle.
- Cut the flattened dough into bite-sized diamond shapes and set them aside to dry for 20 minutes.
- Repeat the same with the second portion of dough.
- Keep a pan with oil on a medium-low heat.
- To check if the oil is hot enough, add a few shankarpali in the oil. If they float up immediately, then the oil is ready for frying.
- Fry them in small batches till they are golden-brown and crisp from both sides.
- Remove them on a paper towel to strain the excess oil. Once the shankarpali have cooled down, transfer them to an airtight container.
Preparing these delicious namkeen snacks and sweet delicacies is easier with our ergonomic and efficient range of kitchen appliances including induction cook tops, oxyfryers, microwave ovens and hand blenders.
BENEFITS OF BUYING KENSTAR KITCHEN APPLIANCES
When you choose from our range of kitchen appliances, be assured of world-class quality, multi-mode pan-India service support; unique ‘Online Service Request’ and ‘Additional Warranty at Zero Cost’. In short, you will enjoy complete peace of mind.
Every Kenstar product comes with a minimum product warranty of 1 year. Over and above the 1 year, you can avail ‘Additional Warranty of Two Months at Zero Cost’ by simply registering your Kenstar product online.
To get your additional 2-month warranty at zero cost:
Register your Kenstar product at www.kenstar.in/kenstar-warranty
Kenstar has a strong service support network across India to ensure prompt service and maintenance of your appliances.
350+ service centres across India